Home Energy Assessment
A Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment is performed by a participating Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® contractor certified by the Building Performance Institute. This assessment is the gateway to qualifying for cash back incentives, low-interest financing and grants to help you afford improvements to your home’s energy efficiency.
With a Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment you’ll learn
Watch an assessment in process to learn how it works, and how one homeowner gained valuable insights:
Assessment Application - Complete this application to apply for the free/reduced-cost comprehensive home energy assessment:
New Homeowner? - If you purchased your home within the last year, you can still participate! Simply complete an Energy Usage History Waiver.
Tips For Completing The Assessment
Need Help? - AHP is an independent contractor to NYSERDA. We're here to help you choose which energy efficiency program is right for you and guide you through the process. Email our Energy Advisor or call (518) 434-1730.
Other Links and Resources
- Learn about common home problems.
- NYSERDA programs for nonprofit organizations and small businesses.
- NYSERDA EmPower New York for low-income tenants and homeowners.
- National database of incentive programs: www.dsireusa.org
- Find help in other areas of New York State.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- NY-Sun Initiative