Online Homebuyer Education
AHP offers two quality options for online education. In both cases, AHP requires that households combine the online education with an individual advisement session so that you can learn more about New York State specific issues and receive a personal review of your purchase.
Online Education Offered by eHome America plus Individual Advisement
- eHome America's online education program is now approved by the First Home Club when taken in conjunction with an Individual Advisement session. eHome America is based on the NeighborWorks America's Realizing the American Dream curriculum and meets the National Industry Standards for homebuyer education.
- Visit AHP's page on the eHome website to register for the class: eHome online education. The course fee is $99 and includes the fee for the individual session. The course takes approximately 8 hours to complete.
- After you complete the on-line course, meet with our expert homeownership advisor to review your credit report to strengthen your score, understand different mortgage options, and get answers to any questions you may have about the home purchase process. To schedule a convenient time, please register for an evening follow-up appointment to the eHome course. You will receive your certificate at the in-person appointment.
Online Education Offered by Framework™ plus Individual Advisement
- Framework provides all the facts you need to navigate every step of the buying process. And you can learn when, where, and how you like. It even works on your smartphone.
- To get started, visit Framework. If you’d like to learn more first, please watch the short overview video. The course fee is $75.
- Framework meets many lenders’ requirements for homebuyer education, but check with yours to make sure an online course is acceptable.
- After you complete the course, combine on-line education with one in-person consultation with our expert homeownership advisor. Review your credit report to strengthen your score, understand different mortgage options, and get answers to any questions you may have about the home purchase process. Schedule a convenient time after you have completed the on-line class. Fee: $25. Please contact AHP and let us know you are scheduling a follow up appointment to the Framework™ course.