Energy Financing and Incentives
There are many ways to pay for home energy upgrades:
- High Efficiency Measure Incentives (HEMI) - To make energy efficiency even more affordable, you may be eligible to receive 10% of the cost of eligible energy efficiency improvements, up to a maximum incentive of $3,000. This incentive is available in conjunction with the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Loan.
- Assisted Subsidy - Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® provides income-eligible New Yorkers with an Assisted Subsidy, which represents up to 50% of the total cost of an approved energy efficiency project, up to $5,000 for a single family home and up to $10,000 for a 2- to 4- family home. Customers that receive the Assisted Subsidy are not eligible to receive the 10% High Efficiency Measure Incentive (HEMI). Learn more about Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®.
- Special Financing - Smart Energy Loans with low interest rates as well as On-Bill Recovery Loans are made possible by NYSERDA and originated by Energy Finance Solutions. The On-Bill Recovery Loan Program allows you to finance energy efficiency improvements to your home through the savings that you earn on your energy bills. Learn more about NYSERDA financing options from Energy Finance Solutions.
- Other Financing - AHP's lending partners offer a variety of additional loan options such as home equity loans and repair financing: Citizens Bank; Community Loan Fund; SEFCU.
- EmPower New York - For a no-cost alternative to Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, low-income tenants and homeowners can choose EmPower New York.