Energy Financing and Incentives
There are many ways to pay for home energy upgrades:
- NYSERDA Subsidy - Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® provides income-eligible New Yorkers with a Subsidy which will pay 50% up to $4,000 for an approved home energy project on a single-family home and up to $8,000 for 2- to 4- unit homes with income-eligible occupants .
- NYSERDA Financing - The On-Bill Recovery (OBR) Loan allows you to finance energy efficiency improvements to your home through the savings on your energy bills as a result of the home energy project. The loan payments are included in your monthly utility bill. Smart Energy Loans are not included in your utility bill, but may provide more flexible options and can be deducted from your checking account each month. The interest rates range for both loan products based on income.
- Other Financing - AHP's lending partners offer a variety of additional loan options such as home equity loans and repair financing: Citizens Bank; Community Loan Fund; SEFCU.
- NYSERDA EmPower New York - For low-income households, including tenants, EmPower offers No-Cost Energy Efficiency Services which can be coordinated with the Subsidy. Applying for financing through the NYSERDA Home Performance program, will automatically screen for eligibility for EmPower.
- NYSERDA programs for nonprofit organizations and small businesses.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency:
- Find Community Energy Resource help in other areas of New York State.